Initially, only athletes used the method of weight loss by removing excess fluid to enter the desired weight category. For this purpose, they used diuretics - special diuretic drugs that are indicated for the treatment of edema, intoxication, hypertension and pathologies of the urinary system. In the future, this idea was adopted by women, but instead of drugs they began to use folk remedies. They are based on diuretic herbs that do not burn fat, but at the same time help to lose weight by 2-3 kg due to the removal of excess fluid.
Diuretics for weight loss at home
All diuretics are divided into synthetic and natural. The latter are used in folk recipes for weight loss. These funds include:
- diuretic products that can be consumed raw;
- herbs with diuretic effect, used to make teas, tinctures and decoctions.
Their action is to inhibit the reabsorption of electrolytes in the renal tubules. As their release increases, so does the amount of fluid released. One of the main advantages of natural diuretics is that it has fewer side effects than drugs. Folk remedies act more gently and safely. In addition, they are more affordable than medicines because they do not require a prescription from a doctor. Other benefits of natural diuretics:
- ensuring not only weight loss, but also reducing puffiness;
- reduction of bacterial activity;
- stabilization of blood pressure;
- cleansing the intestines and blood of toxins and toxins;
- improved metabolism;
- the absence of irritating components in the composition;
- improving the functioning of internal organs, including the heart;
- anti-inflammatory effect.
The effect of weight loss from the use of folk remedies is provided by the diuretic effect. As a result of their use, urination becomes more frequent, which leads to the removal of excess fluid from the body. It weighs 2-3 kg. When this volume of water is excreted in the urine, the swelling will decrease, so some parts of the body will look slimmer. At the same time, fat deposits will remain in place, ie the folds of the waist and hips will not go anywhere.
Even herbal remedies can be harmful if you do not know the rules for their use. The main thing is to follow the dosage and dosage regimen specified in the instructions for preparation of folk remedies. Before you start using it, you should check for contraindications. To do this, it is worth visiting a urologist, nephrologist and allergist to obtain their permission to use folk remedies. The safety of their treatment is ensured by several other rules of use:
- careful study of the instructions for pharmaceutical herbal preparations;
- the use of diuretics before 16. 00 hours, as later intake may lead to insomnia;
- compliance with the drinking regime - up to 2 liters of clean water per day;
- exclusion of sports (no more than 45 minutes of low-intensity aerobics are allowed);
- refusal during the reception of folk diuretics from visiting the sauna, beach, solarium, bathroom;
- the inclusion in the diet of green smoothies of cucumber, dill, celery;
- refusal of salt, as it provokes the development of tissue edema;
- exclusion from the diet of coffee, chicory, tea;
- abstinence from alcohol (prohibited throughout the course of weight loss and another 72 hours after its completion).
Folk diuretics for weight loss in some situations are dangerous to health. To prevent complications, it is necessary to study the contraindications to the use of natural diuretics before starting a weight loss course:
- age under 18 years;
- individual intolerance to the components of folk medicine.
Diuretic herbs for weight loss
The list of diuretic plants includes many different herbs. They are used in folk recipes both individually and in the form of herbal teas of several ingredients. The following herbs have a diuretic effect:
- Birch buds;
- chamomile flowers;
- linden flowers;
- plantain leaves;
- lovage root;
- burdock roots;
- roots and seeds of curly parsley;
- blueberry leaves;
- chicory root;
- White Thorn;
- St. John's Wort;
- corn silk;
- rose hips.
Self-collection of plants has its advantages, as you will be 100% sure that the ingredients are natural and where they grow. You can prepare a diuretic at home according to one of the recipes:
- Take 8-10 sprigs of parsley, rinse them thoroughly, then dry and chop finely. Pour the raw material with a glass of milk. Pour into a heat-resistant form, place in the oven. Evaporate half of the liquid at a temperature of 200 degrees. Then allow the composition to cool, squeeze. Ready infusion to drink 50 ml every hour.
- Finely chop the blueberry leaves - you will need 2 tablespoons of raw materials for cooking. Chopped grass is poured with 300 ml of boiling water. Put the product on the fire in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes. Strain before use. Divide the prepared broth into 5 equal portions, which should be consumed throughout the day.
- Grind this amount of cornflower leaves to get 1 tbsp raw materials. Pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 5-6 hours. Eat half an hour before meals for 0, 5 tbsp. Repeat the procedure three times a day.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons dried barberry. Fill it with 1 liter of boiling water. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, then let the broth stand for 2 hours. Separately in 0, 5 liters of boiling water dissolve 2 g of vanilla sugar and 2 tbsp ordinary. Pour it into the decoction. Use 0, 25 tbsp each time before meals.
- Grind clean, dried dandelion roots to make 2 tablespoons of raw material. Pour 1 tbsp water. Place the bowl with the ingredients in a water bath, simmer for 20 minutes, then leave overnight. Drink 2 times a day before meals 2 tbsp decoction.
Strong diuretic herbs
Some plants have particularly pronounced diuretic properties. When using them, it is important to know the possible side effects. When they appear, it is worth either reduce the dose or completely stop using the folk diuretic for weight loss. This applies to the following symptoms:
- allergic reactions;
- dehydration of the body;
- dry skin or a rash on it;
- constant urge to urinate without urinating;
- a sharp drop in pressure;
Strong herbs with a diuretic effect help to achieve significant weight loss, but at the same time increase the risk of developing health problems. To avoid complications, you must strictly follow the scheme of taking folk remedies. You can prepare it according to one of the following recipes:
- Take an enameled dish, put there 1 tbsp. l. bear grapes. Pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a lid. Place the dish on a water bath, simmer for 30 minutes. Then simmer for 10 minutes, then filter the broth and squeeze the leaves. Add water to 200 ml. Drink warm decoction of 0, 25 tablespoons up to 4 times a day. Store in the refrigerator between meals.
- For 300 ml of boiled water take 1 teaspoon of crushed chicory roots. Mix the ingredients in a saucepan, put it on the fire and cook the composition for 10-15 minutes. Drink chilled, consume all the broth throughout the day.
- For a glass of water take 4 tablespoons of flaxseed. Mix the ingredients in a saucepan, put it on the fire and simmer for 3 minutes after boiling. Then allow the broth to cool, then filter. Consume throughout the day in 5 doses.
- For 500 ml of hot water, but not boiling water, take 3 tablespoons of birch leaves. Mix the ingredients in an enamel bowl, put it on the fire. Darkens after boiling for 3 minutes. When the product has cooled slightly, strain it. Take 100 ml three times a day.
- Pour a glass of boiling water 1 tbsp crushed burdock roots. Close the lid, place in a warm place or pour into a thermos, leave for 10 hours. After the allotted time strain the broth. Eat a quarter cup before each of the 3 main meals.
Collect a diuretic to withdraw fluids
Herbal preparations can be purchased ready-made at the pharmacy. Doctors even recommend buying such preparations, as they contain only safe plants in the right proportions. This avoids overdose and minimizes the side effects of herbal diuretics. Diuretic herbs are sold over-the-counter in pharmacies, but you should still consult your doctor about their use. Examples of drugs:
- Diuretic collection No. 1 and No. 2. From the box take 2 tablespoons of herbs, put in a saucepan, add a glass of boiling water. Heat over low heat, cook for about half an hour. Then leave for 15 minutes, then filter, drain the remaining liquid and bring the volume of the product to 200 ml. If you bought a collection in the form of filter bags, then you should do the same by taking 1 tbsp. boiling water 1-2 sachets. Use 1 tbsp 3 times a day, it is better to drink half an hour before meals. The course of admission is 1 month.
- Herbal tea "Phytomix". One sachet should be steamed with a glass of boiling water, after which the product is left for 15 minutes. The whole volume of tea should be divided into 3 equal portions. They are consumed after meals throughout the day. The course of admission is at least 1 month. If necessary, it can be repeated, but after a 3-week break.
- Diuretic collection No26. For 1 cup of boiling water you need to take 1 filter bag. The ingredients are mixed, leave for 15 minutes. Use a decoction of warm 1 tbsp 2 times a day with food. The procedure is repeated for one month.
Diuretic and fat-burning herbs for weight loss are included not only in decoctions, but also in teas that are easier to prepare. In addition, other ingredients, such as honey or lemon, can be added to the latter. They improve the taste of the drink, which makes it more pleasant to drink. Diuretic teas for weight loss are prepared not only from herbs, but also on the basis of cereals and spices. Examples are ginger, cinnamon, dill and even garlic. By drinking drinks from them instead of ordinary tea, you can lose an additional 3-4 kg per month.
From fennel seeds
People mistakenly call fennel fennel. This is a perennial plant up to 2 m tall from the celery family. One of the most valuable properties of fennel is the elimination of bloating and constipation, which is why it is used in the treatment of colic in children. Besides diuretic, it has antispasmodic, choleretic, antibacterial action. The easiest way to use the seeds of this plant is tea. Ingredients for its preparation:
- water - 250 ml;
- fennel seeds - 2 tsp
When losing weight, fennel is useful not only for its diuretic properties, but also because it speeds up metabolism, reduces appetite and improves digestion. How to make tea from the following ingredients:
- Grind fennel seeds using a coffee grinder or mortar.
- Then fill them with boiling water and put them in a saucepan on the fire.
- Simmer for 4 minutes, then cover with a lid.
- Insist for 20 minutes. Drink the finished tea half an hour before each meal.
Weight loss with ginger is achieved by stimulating thermogenesis - the body's ability to warm from within. The process of burning fat directly depends on this. In addition, ginger contains many vitamins necessary for weight loss, increases the activity of digestive enzymes and in the form of tea exhibits diuretic properties. To prepare a drink, you will need:
- water - 0, 5 liters;
- ginger root - weighing about 80-100 g.
Before preparing such tea, you should know that it is contraindicated in gastric ulcer, cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, hypertension and gallstones. Women should not drink the drink during menstruation. How to make ginger tea:
- Grate the peeled ginger root on a grater, place in a saucepan.
- Pour water there. Put the pot on the fire.
- Wait until it boils, then reduce the heat to low.
- Infuse the tea for about 10 minutes, then filter.
- Optionally add 1 tsp honey or juice of half a lemon.
- Consume throughout the day instead of regular tea.
Products with diuretic effect
Not only herbs but also some products are used to provide a diuretic effect. They also belong to the category of natural diuretics, as they increase the amount of fluid excreted in the urine. If you include such products in the diet, you may notice weight loss of 2-3 kg in 7-10 days. Have a similar effect:
- dried apricots;
- green tea;
- asparagus, dill and other vegetables;