You have decided to get your body in shape without harming your health. And if you want to do it with great pleasure, then yoga classes for weight loss will be a good option for you.
A set of exercises, as well as a special life philosophy called yoga, will help not only to make the body thinner, more flexible and more mobile, but also to change your attitude to life, emotional and psychological state in a stressful situation.
Due to such multifaceted effects, many people prefer yoga as one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
How does yoga fight overweight?
Yoga for weight loss has distinctive features from yoga for keeping the body in physical shape or yoga for psychological relaxation and relaxation. Such classes include the following main factors:
- In the body there is a significant acceleration of metabolism, due to which the metabolism improves and fat cells are not stored in reserves, but are burned several times faster, the process of losing weight begins. The increase in metabolism is due to a special set of exercises called shatkarma. Their main task is to purify and ensure the delivery of the maximum possible amount of oxygen to the cells of the human body. Once you understand the basic principle of proper breathing in a yoga class for weight loss, you can feel light. Then the habit of proper breathing becomes daily.
- There is a complete review of diet and eating habits - a person acquires useful skills for eating extremely healthy foods, in small fractional portions, most often at the same time, which leads to rapid weight loss.
- Yoga classes for weight loss provide the necessary physical activity for the whole body, while not leading to overexertion or exhaustion. It is important to understand that it is impossible to completely rule out physical activity, as the most effective burning of excess calories occurs precisely because of exercise. In addition, thanks to yoga for weight loss, certain muscle groups are pumped, the body becomes pumped and elastic. Thanks to constant training, after a certain period of time you will notice not only a reduction in the number of extra pounds, but also the number of centimeters in the problem areas of the figure you need.
It makes sense to note that some muscle groups are very difficult to affect exercise, so it is sometimes difficult to achieve weight loss in problem areas. These muscles include the inner thighs or glutes.
Properly selected set of exercises during yoga will help you to properly distribute the load on the whole body and focus exactly on those problem areas where weight loss is most needed.
Yoga basic things for weight loss
Anyone who decides to lose weight in yoga classes should be prepared that the weight will not disappear too quickly, but the result will be maintained for a long time. The vague effect of the exercises is the reason for the simultaneous formation of muscle mass of the body with weight loss, when toned and inflated muscles replace the fat layer. Therefore, during yoga classes for weight loss and on the way to the goal it is better to notice changes in the figure in clothes and in centimeters, measuring the volume of the waist, hips and chest. Weight loss can be slowed down.
Professional yoga specialists who can help you choose an individual set of weight loss exercises, if you wish, can replace most of the strength exercises with stretching, so that muscle growth is significantly slower. It will be replaced by grace, flexibility, femininity, joint mobility and the general feeling of lightness that accompanies any weight loss.
If, in addition to developing flexibility and weight loss, you have a desire to achieve muscle definition, then more attention in training should be paid to strength training. It should not be forgotten that yoga classes are always held at a slow pace, harmoniously combining periods of rest and activity. This is a hallmark of such workouts - despite the general fatigue, you will feel a surge of strength and energy after the session.
When it comes to good nutrition, most people don't have to put in the extra effort to lose weight. Surprisingly, the desire to eat junk food disappears by itself, and the realization of the need for proper nutrition to lose weight comes by itself.
How should you do yoga? Yoga weight loss classes
Researchers have concluded that regular yoga for weight loss not only brings temporary results, but also reduces the volume of the stomach, which in turn leads to a reduction in the amount of food consumed and the strengthening of proper nutrition for a long time. In addition, stress is present in everyone's life to varying degrees.
Most people struggle with their manifestation by constantly consuming food, even if the feeling of hunger does not appear. For such people it is simply vital to consume starchy foods, sweets and such habits lead to weight gain. It is in this case that yoga for weight loss is the best option, as it is not only a complex of physical exercises, but also psychological relief, so the effect of stress on the human body is minimized.
- Do not practice yoga on uneven, rough, prickly or other uncomfortable surfaces. This is best done on a smooth surface - the floor. In the cold season you can use special carpets or makeshift means - soft blankets, bed linen and blankets.
- Weight loss sessions should be taken on an empty stomach. Overeating contributes to drowsiness, muscle relaxation and decreased concentration.
- Mild illness, provided you feel well, is not a reason to miss a workout. If there are more serious health problems - temporary or chronic, then the classes should be resumed only after consulting a doctor.
- Pregnancy is not a contraindication to yoga, but in this case a special set of exercises should be used, taking into account the condition of the woman and the duration of pregnancy. You can use ready-made complexes or if you have special wishes about the level of load, contact a professional trainer to prepare a special program.
- During lactation yoga classes for weight loss are also not contraindicated. They do not affect the amount of milk, have a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body and help to restore physical shape after birth and weight loss. As for the question of when it is possible to start classes and how much time should pass after the birth of the child, this is a purely individual question, which depends on how the birth went (naturally or by cesarean section), whether there were complicationsand other factors. When solving this problem, you should definitely seek advice from a gynecologist or obstetrician who gave birth to the baby.
Which yoga exercises are suitable for weight loss?
For those people for whom yoga has become a hobby and lifestyle, as well as a means of combating excess weight, it should be remembered that its main purpose is to keep the body and health in good condition. form.
At the same time, the level of physical activity that accompanies each workout will help get rid of excess body fat, and regular exercise will help maintain a constant weight level and prevent sudden jumps, which in turn lead to relaxation. of the skin, unattractive appearance and general deterioration of human health.
For yoga weight loss classes to be most effective, you need to build their system as follows:
- Don't look for excuses for skipping workouts and don't give up exercising during workouts. Through constant effort you can achieve your goals. At the same time, intense training will quickly lead to the desired result and weight loss. However, due to age characteristics, medical contraindications and other factors, an individual weight loss program should be chosen, which, as practice shows, will become much more effective than universal exercise complexes.
- If you feel pain in any part of your body after doing yoga for weight loss, you should definitely inform the coach or even consult your doctor. The reason for this may be a hidden disease, which may become a contraindication to exercises of this type or increased physical activity in general, or improper performance of any of the proposed exercises. Dyspnoea is the only sensation that can be present after active weight loss training or stretching exercises. You can get rid of it by taking a warm bath. In addition, some people find these feelings pleasant and indicative that the workout is going well and you are on the right track to your goal.
Basic yoga poses and their meanings in the weight loss process:
- Twisting poses are not difficult to perform, but have a very beneficial effect on the intestines. Improving its permeability, in turn, has the most beneficial effect on the process of metabolism and the fight against excess weight;
- standing postures - help improve coordination and balance. Thanks to their use, the muscles of the back and abdomen, as well as the spine, are strengthened, which contributes to weight loss;
- inverted postures - affect the general condition of the thyroid gland, as well as the muscles of the back. However, their action must be softened or balanced with softer positions in relation to the spinal muscles;
- slopes in different variations are essential components of good stretching;
- Relaxing postures, including meditation, help reduce tension in all muscle groups and, surprisingly, have the best effect on the weight loss process. It is recommended to use such poses not only when training several times a week, but also every day at home, which will help not only to calm the emotions accumulated in you during the day, but also to gently relax the muscles, giving them the necessary minimum tone.
What to look for when doing yoga
If you do not have experience with professionals, weight loss yoga will not be very effective for you, as studying yoga theory usually does not lead to an understanding of its basic principles, which can be learned in individual or group sessions with a coach.
If you have such experience, you can continue to train yourself at home, taking into account all the recommendations previously received. It should be remembered that yoga is not just a set of exercises, but a special way and a set of factors that have a positive effect on the result in the form of weight loss. Therefore, while doing it yourself, you must comply with certain conditions:
- Comfortable temperature, well ventilated room;
- Comfortable clothing that should not be too tight to your figure;
- Lack of side odors, especially food, which are very often present in the home environment. They can make you focus on your own inner world;
- Lack of foreign noise - TV, telephone, running children and other essential attributes of the home environment will not create a feeling of calm, and training will not be in full force, which will affect the achievement of the result and goals;
- You need to make sure that you do all the exercises correctly, because otherwise you will not only not be able to achieve your goal to lose weight, but you also risk harming your health. It is recommended that all basic yoga asanas be mastered and your trainer confirm the quality of their performance. And don't think that if no one is watching you at home and forcing you to train, then you can work half-heartedly - it depends on the effort you put into how fast you can lose weight and maintain your results for a long time. time.
Yoga is not only a temporary workout, but also a way of life, as well as a healthy habit that is very difficult to get rid of. That is all! We recommend that you read the article on how to lose weight without dieting. See you soon in new editions.